Mason Hollow Nursery - April 12, 2021
- The Barn will be Exit Only and no gathering inside
- Please bring your purchases on a wagon up to the designated check-out waiting point at back of barn. We will process your purchases without having to stand close inside the building. Once done, we will step out of the way and you can proceed straight through to the parking lot. For those waiting, please only cue-up single file with a minimum 6 ft distancing between yourself and the next customer.
- Traffic Flow: Facing the building in the parking lot
- The Nursery Entrance will be through the gate to the right of the greenhouse.
- Check-Out Exit is through the Barn as previously described.
- An Alternate Exit will be through the gate to the left of the barn for those who wish not to stand in line (have no purchases or just want to wander the gardens). Exiting through the barn for any reason, may require waiting in line.
- Pick Up Orders: We are instituting pick-up orders (credit card or PayPal in advance) with designated parking in front of the barn for those who would like this option.
- Place order online and select “Pick up at Nursery, No Ship”.
- Or Call in order.
- Please request date and time for pick-up so we can be ready for you. We will confirm if all items are ready (Cold, wet April weather has delayed some plants).
- The Greenhouse will be closed to the general public. Even at the best of times, it is a crowded space!! Special guided visits can be accommodated in the greenhouse, if scheduled in advance, and not on a busy day such as Friday-Sunday. Masks would be required as a pre-condition.
- General Distancing:
- Our Nursery and gardens are generally well spaced out with ample ways of getting around, so please give the minimum required distance between yourself and other customers.
- Please speak up kindly if someone is unknowingly getting too close to you….they might be focused on all the wonderful plants and not even notice you!
- Please… as much as it pains us, No Hugs! Maybe soon!
- Don’t be afraid to tell someone if you need to get by, so they can make room.
- Avoid leaving your wagons parked at intersections that make it difficult for others to get by.
- We do anticipate significant business early in the season, so encourage anyone who can, to visit us on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Mondays and Tuesdays can often be accommodated by appointment only.
SanitationAs contact is potentially one method of spreading the virus, please note the following:
- We will have portable toilet facilities (as every year), provided the vendor is still able to provide with hand sanitizer and provide routine cleaning.
- Check out:
- We have the capability to accept contactless credit cards and mobile phone apps such as Apple Pay.
- We now have guest Wi-Fi, so you can even pay via PayPal.
- We do have hand sanitizer that can be used after transaction.
- Trash: We will have a trash bin, but recommend that any food wrappers or disposable coffee cups be "Carry In - Carry Out" if possible.
- Goes without saying…if you don’t feel well, please postpone your visit.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)In most areas of the Nursery and Gardens (outdoors and spread out) the use of face masks is not necessary if proper distancing is observed.
- At check-out we will be wearing face masks due to proximity and highly recommend this to all other customers as well…it protects both of us.
- If you have seasonal allergies and could potentially sneeze or cough, please wear a mask.
- If you need assistance in loading your vehicle, we will gladly do it, wearing a mask.
These practices worked pretty well last year and even made the checkout process a little more efficient than it used to be. Hopefully, we will be relaxing soon, but for now, we feel it is the best way to start the season.
Stay safe and hope to see you in 2021!
FYI…Lots of new Plants (again)!!
Sue & Chuck Andersen
Mason Hollow Nursery